Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
Mailgun is the leading developer-focused email delivery platform trusted by over 150,000 companies to send, receive, and track email easily from their websites and apps. Since its start in 2010, Mailgun participated in Y-Combinator, was acquired by Rackspace, later spun out, and most recently, was acquired by private equity firm Thoma Bravo with a strategic investment to further accelerate our growth. The platform serves customers like Lyft, Github, and Uservoice, all of which rely on Mailgun to improve their customer experience through email.
We are seeking an innovative, detail-oriented SEO Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and executing all of our SEO strategies to drive organic growth. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter that can guide the marketing team in SEO/content strategy discussions as well as execute and optimize for SEO best practices.
We need somebody that is a bit of a swiss-army knife. You can craft our SEO strategies, write the content, scale our efforts efficiently, adopt new practices, and track performance. The SEO initiatives you drive must be bot- and human-friendly.
- Set SEO performance targets and implement tracking of those targets, providing detailed analytics and reporting.
- Build Mailgun’s SEO strategy based on latest best practices, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
- Guide our content team with keyword analysis and research. Assist with writing, optimizing, and placing content.
- Present results and strategies at executive meetings. Educate colleagues on the latest SEO developments.
- 2+ years of specific SEO experience (preferably with a demand generation focus)
- Proven track-record of crafting and implementing successful SEO strategies that drive measurable, meaningful results
- Ninja-level expertise with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Google Search Console, etc.
- Strong project management, organization skills, and process management
- Strong understanding of website and conversion rate optimization
- Sense of humor
- SEM experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience with SEO for headless CMS/static site generator
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’ self)
- 8 paid holidays
- 100% Dental, Medical, and Vision coverage for employees
- Life insurance
- Weston Centre Member Card for exclusive restaurant & hotel discounts in San Antonio
- On-site gym at San Antonio office
- Exclusive Gold's Gym membership discounts
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave for birth mothers
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for parents, including through adoption or foster care
- 401k with employer match
- 24/7 parking for downtown San Antonio office
- Limitless supply of TopoChico