Product Marketing Director
We are seeking an experienced and technically curious Product Marketing Director to own the go-to-market strategy and product marketing for Mailgun. The ideal candidate leverages both data and creative problem solving to drive strategy. We are looking for someone who thrives on creating sticky value props and defining addressable markets and takes pride in getting shit done. In this role, you serve as the voice of the customer inside of the company, and you’ll work closely with other stakeholders to position the product in a way that resonates with customers.
- Have a deep understanding of what success means for different customer segments and guide the messaging and positioning of all products to help customers achieve that success.
- Execute innovative marketing campaigns that drive the business & product marketing strategy. Track, measure and report on KPIs.
- Drive and coordinate all go-to-market launch activities for new product and feature releases.
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand the product strategy and develop top line customer narratives, thought leadership content, and compelling customer stories.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle and generate the best case studies in the business.
- Produce engaging content for customers including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, solution guides, and more for all funnel stages. Revamp website and in-app copy to align with target audience problem sets.
- Enable and educate internal team members on how to position the product effectively. Create easy to understand, internally facing content including sales training, competitive positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- At least 7 years of experience in product marketing within the technology industry
- Proven track record of managing product launches and working with cross-functional teams, creating GTM strategy and tactics
- Dynamic, confident personality with ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst competing priorities and multiple goals
- Creative doer that can not only generate innovative marketing ideas but also execute on them
- Excellent writing/storytelling skills and hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, backed by strong examples of compelling positioning and thought leadership content you crafted
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Ability to send an email through Mailgun yourself
- Sense of humor
- A good understanding of Mailgun's value prop and the products that we’ve already built.
- Experience targeting multiple segments from developers and enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- Previous experience marketing a developer SaaS product
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of developers and technical users
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’self)
- 8 Company holidays
- 100% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for employee
- 50% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Life insurance 1x annual salary