Sales Operations Analyst
Mailgun is looking for a Sales Operations Analyst to join our Business Operations team. The primary goal of the Business Operations department is to facilitate outcomes that customers will find to be valuable to consume, and that Mailgunners will find to be extremely rewarding to build. The Sales Operations Analyst will help us achieve this goal by supporting our leaders with timely, accurate, and insightful analysis into how well our various sales initiatives are proceeding toward their targets.
This position will apply advanced analytical and problem solving skills while engaging sales team members, and interdepartmental resources in the execution of streamlined sales processes. The primary responsibility of this role will be deployment and maintenance of sales-focused reports and analytics that align with accomplishing our quarterly and annual revenue goals. You will be a key member of the Operations team on the analysis of metrics related to sales productivity and effectiveness. The ideal candidate loves data, analytics, and has a passion for process improvement. The primary objective is to improve business function.
- Develop, drive, and enhance ongoing reporting efforts of sales performance data and critical metrics.
- Support sales enablement including sales leadership development, on-boarding, sales process, and field communications.
- Forecast and pipeline management
- 1st line of support for sales teams
- Works closely with customer success teams on renewal operations, renewal management
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs and conduct in depth analysis as needed; identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Provide informed recommendations on how to improve data quality.
- Attends sales management meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on relevant Sales & Services
- Gather requirements for business analysis from various sales groups
- Translate requirements into reporting/analytical artifacts using SQL and Looker
- Create complex queries of datasets to aggregate and extract desired information
- Perform advanced analytics on large datasets in order to:
- Identify and evaluate trends and anomalies
- Determine business impact of different decisions and scenarios
- Provide business leaders insights of business and customer dynamics
- Report and create metrics to measure and manage business performance
- Create dashboards to measure and drive desired behaviors and outcomes
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Strong SQL knowledge with minimum of 3+ years of hands on experience
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL against large sets of data
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly and self teach
- Capable of managing multiple competing tasks
- Technically proficient with Excel and Google Analytics
- Experience developing and delivering quantitative sales metrics, preferably within software industry.
- Proven reporting, analysis, and dashboard creation skills
- Proficient-level user in relational databases, SQL queries, and business intelligence software
- Adept at presenting findings in a compelling non-technical manner
- Process oriented, but flexible around business needs
- Ability to provide consultative input to management regarding performance and productivity analysis and suggest optimal solutions
- Must have a sense of urgency and excellent time management skills
- Intermediate understanding of GAAP revenue rules
- Strong in sales analytics and reporting
- (Quota deployed / productivity per head / capacity / pipeline build/ activity / forecast accuracy / tenure / cross sell % / customer retention rates / win rates)
- Administrative expertise with SalesForce
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo'self)
- 8 company holidays
- 100% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for employee
- 50% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for dependents
- Mailgun contribution of $250 for every 1% of earnings that you contribute to the 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Life insurance 1x annual salary