Enterprise Field Sales Engineer
Mailgun is seeking a customer-facing hands-on technologist with a track record of success to join our growing team. As a Sales Engineer, you will represent Mailgun to prospective customers and the development community at-large, develop a deep understanding of customer requirements in pre-sales conversations, and develop a comprehensive solution for how Mailgun with integrate with a customer's application.
This position will report directly into our Head of Product and will be directly responsible for driving a tight feedback loop between what our customers need and what we are building.
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Engage with customers, partners, and prospects to understand and propose solutions using Mailgun technologies.
- Manage the technical sales process for numerous customers day to day.
- Create and execute strategic account strategies and uncover additional sales and business opportunities
- Partner with sales executives to respond to respond to RFPs and technical questionnaires and help design an implementation plan and answer questions about best practices around integrating our products.
- Enable and support sales executives in the design of technical solutions for opportunities
- Train the sales and marketing teams on new product features and ensure the team is enabled to answer questions from prospects.
- Monitor trends in feedback from prospects and relay this information to the product management and engineering teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of competitive solutions, understand how they compare to Mailgun, and use that intelligence to respond to customer objections and win deals.
- Author content, in collaboration with Marketing, that describes the Mailgun product in a way that is authentic and resonates with developers.
- Present webinars for prospective customers to learn more about our products and features and dig deeper into real customer use cases.
- Evangelize the development community through the authoring of technical blogs and whitepapers that represent how Mailgun can best be leveraged.
- Communicate Mailgun’s technical leadership and value at conferences by partnering with marketing to develop speaking proposals for conferences where Mailgun should have a strategic presence.
- At least 5 years experience and success working in a customer-facing technical role
- Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to pilot program to implementation to maintenance and support
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, with the ability to represent customers needs to our CTO and Product Team with the purpose of influencing our product development roadmap
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: web development, hosting services, email development, and real-time communications.
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration best practices, service oriented architecture and models for sharing IT services across the enterprise.
- A world class communicator. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- Ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with numerous competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Typically 10-25% travel, depending on role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’self)
- 8 Paid Company holidays
- 100% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for employee
- 50% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for dependents
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Life insurance 1x annual salary