Senior Software Developer - Sending Pipeline Team (Remote)
Mailgun is hiring a Senior Software Developer to join our sending pipeline team. Our sending pipeline represents the core systems that accept, process, and deliver billions of messages each and every month for Mailgun users. As part of this team, you will be working to refactor and develop new techniques for increasing the performance and throughput of the Mailgun sending pipeline to better serve our customers.
Mailgun has a distributed engineering team and will consider qualified candidates anywhere in the world. We also have engineering offices in San Francisco, Austin, San Antonio, and Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun)
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- Develop new features to improve the capabilities of the Mailgun offering.
- Refactor existing Python services leveraging Go and a microservice architecture.
- Maintain and scale existing infrastructure.
- Participation in the on-call rotation.
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- 4+ years of a relevant work experience.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Experience working with Python and/or Go.
- Experience working with MongoDB and/or Cassandra.
- 5+ weeks PTO (treat yo’ self)
- 8 paid holidays
- 100% Dental, Medical, and Vision coverage for employees
- Life insurance
- Exclusive Gold's Gym membership discounts
- 12 weeks paid Maternity Leave for birth mothers
- 4 weeks paid Parental Leave for parents, including through adoption or foster care
- 401k with employer match
- Limitless supply of TopoChico